Sigma has announced ‘the development of’ (ie, it’s coming but we’re not saying when) a new member of the high-end Art range, the Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art for full-frame Canon, Nikon and Sigma mounts.
‘While minimising distortion, this lens offers outstanding f2.8 brightness throughout the zoom range and delivers top-level image quality at every focal length and every shooting distance. For these reasons, it is the definitive wide-aperture ultra-wide-angle zoom lens,’ Sigma states on its website.
– 17 elements in 11 groups;
– 9-leaf rounded diaphragm;
– 26cm close focusing distance (at 24mm);
– 1150g weight;
– Compatibility with Canon Lens Aberration Correction;
– Dust- and splash-proof structure.