Canon has announced December availability of its new powerful L-series EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM telephoto lens.
The lens is an upgrade to its predecessor, popular among sports and wildlife photographers. The newest model’s optical structure has been redesigned and a number of new features and upgrades have been adopted, which Canon claims will improve image quality and enhance usability.
It features a claimed four-stop optical Image Stabiliser to reduce effects of camera shake, along with three IS modes tailored to most typical shooting conditions.
Other features include:
– Ultrasonic motor to provide fast, silent autofocusing;
– 21 element structure using a combination of Fluorite and Super Ultra-low Dispersion lens elements;
– Canon’s new Air Sphere Coating;
– Traditional twist action zoom mechanism;
– Zoom Touch Adjustment ring;
– A new dedicated lens hood, ET-83D, which allows rotate polarising filters without removing the hood;
– Dust and water resistant.
No local pricing has been provided by Canon Australia.